Software Testing Resume Template – How to write the best resume sample for software testing?
I find many resume samples that are sent to my when I try to interview for software testing vacancies in my organization. Most of the resumes get rejected just by looking at them for few seconds. Most of the time it is because they do not use a good software testing resume template. So I am presenting my own top 10 tips for a great software testing resume template. Here you go.
- Do not write the word ‘Resume’, ‘CV’ etc on the top of the resume. Instead write your name in bold letters. You may include your mobile number and email id for ready reference.
- Delete the career objective that you have copied from your friend’s resume. Ask this to yourself – who does not want to work in a growth oriented company where he or she can utilize his or her skills to the fullest? Career object is just a waste of space and believe me, nobody reads that section.
- Include a two liner summary about your experience, skills, tools etc. so that the person reading your resume can know about your profile in 10 seconds.
- Remove all unnecessary information like father’s name, hobbies, place of birth, schooling information etc. You will have enough time to give that information when you are selected.
- Structure the content of the resume based on your past experience such as skills, automation tools, domains etc.
- Highlight your key skills and domain expertise. Talk about your USP and how you could add value to the organization that is recruiting you.
- The purpose of a resume is to generate enough interest in you to have a prospective employer contact you for an interview. Don’t fill the resume with too much information. Nobody will read a resume for more than 2-3 pages at the max.
- Use bullet points to convey information. Make information readily available to the recruiter. But be sure that whatever you have written in the resume, you will be able to explain it.
- Use a single font throughout the resume (Garamond, 12pt – my favourite). Do not use too much underline, bold and highlight in the software testing resume template.
- Get your resume reviewed by a friend or an expert. Take feedback and improve the resume. Use a good resume template suitable to your domain and update your resume frequently.
Bonus: Search in the internet with the keyword such as good resume template, sample resume template for testing, software testing resume, also you can search with the following keyword in google filetype:docx software testing resume. You will get hundreds of software testing resume samples from google.
Resume is your first impression on the recruiter and you only have about 10 seconds to impress a recruiter. Believe me nobody looks at your resume for more than 10 seconds. So it is very important that you highlight what your special skills are in your software testing resume. Choose a good software testing resume template and keep on modifying until it becomes a good resume sample. If you have some questions on software testing resume template let know by commenting on this blog post. I am also planning to upload some software testing resume samples here soon.